Indoor kite flying, classic Carragher clips and when rowing goes wrong | Classic YouTube
Also featuring the World Club Challenge, how to out-ski an avalanche and a sneaky kick to place where it hurts the most
2) The New Zealand-England ODI series is nearly upon us. The Black Caps are regarded more as one-day specialists these days, but it wasn't always thus: Here, the masterful Richard Hadlee scythes through England's batting at Trent Bridge in 1986, as the Kiwis earn the victory that wins them the series. Elsewhere in the history of New Zealand there was that time Simon Doull skedaddled Nasser Hussain back in 1999 as well as when Chris Read thought ducking was the best when Chris Cairns's yorker came a'calling.
3) Jamie Carragher retired last week but once he was the future of defending. Check out this 'one to watch' feature from 1996 (also starring an up and coming striker by the name of Michael Owen). One of Carragher's best performances came in the 2005 Champions League final against Milan, here's his individual highlights from that night in Istanbul. He also had something of a knack for own goals, scoring not one but two against Manchester United at Anfield in 1999. Or if you're not interested in his footballing or own-goal abilities, then you might be interested in the time he rang into TalkSport.
4) What's more impressive than flying a kite outdoors in strong winds? Why, flying a kite indoors with no wind.
5) Spectacular plays of the week: a Colorado schoolgirl pulls off a full-court basketball shot, while Adam Miller nails the first skateboard-to-skateboard gainer backflip. Meanwhile, the team award goes to these Thai hula-hoop dancers.
6) Is there anything more glorious than the wildly premature celebration? And anything lower than a sneaky kick to the unmentionables?
1) Swedish freeskier Sverre Liliequist out-skiing an avalanche.
2) After last week's Madrid memories, here's a Charlie George led victory for Derby County at the Baseball Ground. Unfortunately, they lost the second leg 5-1, in Madrid.
3) It's the World Club Challenge this week. They're always pretty tasty affairs, as is evident here.
4) One Wave at Skeleton Bay, with Ewan Donnachie.
Spotters' badges: allsideways, Godinho, cookstardeluxe, chestnut52, rowingrob, RedThunder
Filed under: Euro 2012
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!